- CPD Courses
- NALP Paralegal Qualifications
- NALP Qualifications Overview
- Level 3
- Level 3 Diploma
- Level 3 Certificate
- Level 3 Award
- L3 Introduction to Law for Paralegals
- L3 Legal Ethics and Responsibilities for Paralegals
- L3 Wills and Succession for Paralegals
- L3 Civil Litigation for Paralegals
- L3 Criminal Litigation for Paralegals
- L3 Commercial Law for Paralegals
- L3 Conveyancing for Paralegals
- L3 Employment Practice for Paralegals
- L3 Consumer Rights and Remedies for Paralegals
- Level 4
- Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies
- L4 English Legal System – Single Unit
- L4 Contract Law – Single Unit
- L4 Law of Tort – Single Unit
- L4 Criminal Law – Single Subject
- L4 Wills, Intestacy & Family Provision – Single Unit
- L4 Civil Litigation – Single Unit
- L4 Criminal Practice – Single Unit
- L4 Matrimonial & Civil Partnerships – Single Unit
- L4 Conveyancing – Single Unit
- L4 Succession – Single Unit
- Level 7
- How to choose
- Learner information
- Recognition of prior learning
Practical Skills Course
A four part distance learning paralegal skills course, with study notes, video uploads and material provided. Now accredited with 12 CPD Points!
Course content includes; the duties involved in attending court on Civil and Criminal Matters, District Judges Applications in Chambers and Attending an Employment Tribunal.
This course is not a NALP Ofqual accredited course.
Four course parts and an optional field trip to the Royal Courts of Justice*
Covers: civil court procedures and the duties, skills and principles required to carry out solicitors’ instructions.
Covers: how to analyse a case file and extract relevant information in order to prepare and present an application before a District Judge in chambers.
Covers: how to take notes in court during trials or hearings, the duties involved in assisting barristers during criminal trials and how to take statements from witnesses.
Covers: Attending an Employment Tribunal including looking at a specific case study and the differences between attending court and a Tribunal
* for an extra fee of £12
- All course material
- Assignment and test marking
- Full tutorial support
- Certificate on completion
- Study Guide
This course is open to School Leavers, Legal Support Staff, Members of ILSPA (Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs) , Undergraduates, Graduates, Foreign Qualified Lawyers and Career Changers. If you are unsure if this course is the right course for you please contact us on 0203 745 5513.
Learners are expected to have good Spoken English, comprehension and writing skills. There is a good amount of writing expected on this course e.g. ESOL Level 2, GCSE English.
This course is run by NPC and is not an Ofqual Course through NALP
A certificate will be awarded on successfully completing the Course Review Test which contains 25 questions, all relating to the content of the course and the answers to which can be found in your Study Notes and/or your Online Tutorials.
The pass mark is 70%.
On successfully passing the Course Review Test you will also receive a ‘Guide to Finding Work as a Freelance Paralegal’
Certificate in Practical Paralegal Skills
- Practical Skills Introduction
CPD points: 12