- CPD Courses
- NALP Paralegal Qualifications
- NALP Qualifications Overview
- Level 3
- Level 3 Diploma
- Level 3 Certificate
- Level 3 Award
- L3 Introduction to Law for Paralegals
- L3 Legal Ethics and Responsibilities for Paralegals
- L3 Wills and Succession for Paralegals
- L3 Civil Litigation for Paralegals
- L3 Criminal Litigation for Paralegals
- L3 Commercial Law for Paralegals
- L3 Conveyancing for Paralegals
- L3 Employment Practice for Paralegals
- L3 Consumer Rights and Remedies for Paralegals
- Level 4
- Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies
- L4 English Legal System – Single Unit
- L4 Contract Law – Single Unit
- L4 Law of Tort – Single Unit
- L4 Criminal Law – Single Subject
- L4 Wills, Intestacy & Family Provision – Single Unit
- L4 Civil Litigation – Single Unit
- L4 Criminal Practice – Single Unit
- L4 Matrimonial & Civil Partnerships – Single Unit
- L4 Conveyancing – Single Unit
- L4 Succession – Single Unit
- Level 7
- How to choose
- Learner information
- Recognition of prior learning
L3 Civil Litigation for Paralegals
You’ll study how the process of civil litigation is conducted using the areas of debt recovery, personal injury, consumer law and family law as illustrations.
In understanding how civil actions are commenced, funded and defunded, you will be able to effectively assist in civil litigation cases in practice or provide services to legal departments involved in litigation.
The aim of this qualification is to provide you with the knowledge to understand how the process of civil litigation is conducted using the areas of debt recovery, personal injury, consumer law and family law (in relation to mediation and ADR) as illustrations.
In understanding how civil actions are commenced, funded and defended, youwill be able to effectively assist in civil litigation cases in practice or provide services within legal departments involved in litigation.
This is a course for learners commencing or aspiring to commence a career in Paralegal Practice and those working in the legal environment.
- Thoroughly understand the concept and scope of civil litigation in England and Wales
- Identify and explain how civil actions can be funded
- Know how to commence and defend a civil action and apply that knowledge to a given scenario
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of how to prepare for a trial
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the procedures post trial
- All course material
- Assignment and test marking
- Full tutorial support
- Certificate on completion
- 12 month’s Affiliate membership with NALP
These qualifications are designed to be offered to learners from the age of 16, although in practice the majority of learners are likely to be over 18.
NALP does not specify entry requirements other than that a reasonable standard of written English is required. However Centres delivering this course are required to ensure that learners who undertake these programmes have sufficient capability at the right level to be suitable to undertake the Level 3 assessment.
Please Note: The NALP Level 3 Qualifications are only available in English.
Assignments can be requested when you are ready, and once requested and sent, you will have a 4 week period in which to complete the assignment and return by the due date.
Tutors are on hand to answer any queries that you may have and give unlimited help and guidance if there is anything that you may not fully understand with regard to the material.
This is a single unit qualification