- CPD Courses
- NALP Paralegal Qualifications
- NALP Qualifications Overview
- Level 3
- Level 3 Diploma
- Level 3 Certificate
- Level 3 Award
- L3 Introduction to Law for Paralegals
- L3 Legal Ethics and Responsibilities for Paralegals
- L3 Wills and Succession for Paralegals
- L3 Civil Litigation for Paralegals
- L3 Criminal Litigation for Paralegals
- L3 Commercial Law for Paralegals
- L3 Conveyancing for Paralegals
- L3 Employment Practice for Paralegals
- L3 Consumer Rights and Remedies for Paralegals
- Level 4
- Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies
- L4 English Legal System – Single Unit
- L4 Contract Law – Single Unit
- L4 Law of Tort – Single Unit
- L4 Criminal Law – Single Subject
- L4 Wills, Intestacy & Family Provision – Single Unit
- L4 Civil Litigation – Single Unit
- L4 Criminal Practice – Single Unit
- L4 Matrimonial & Civil Partnerships – Single Unit
- L4 Conveyancing – Single Unit
- L4 Succession – Single Unit
- Level 7
- How to choose
- Learner information
- Recognition of prior learning
L3 Introduction to Law for Paralegals
Within Introduction to Law, you’ll gain a detailed knowledge of the legal system in England and Wales and the general legal principles of Contract and Tort Law.
You’ll study the law making process, court structure, roles of key legal personnel and methods of dispute.
The aim of this qualification is to provide you with detailed knowledge of the legal system in England and Wales and the general legal principles of Contract and Tort law. In understanding the law making process; the court structure; the roles of key legal personnel and methods of dispute resolution. You will be ready to progress onto a higher level of learning in related substantive law areas.
You will understand the roles that can be played by Paralegals in law firms; private companies; local authorities and as a freelance paralegal. In addition, it will provide you with legal knowledge on dispute resolution and will enable you to use and interpret legal language.
The skills you will develop include: the ability to identify and use factual, procedural and theoretical understanding to complete tasks and address well defined but complex or non-routine issues; time management to include taking responsibility for initiating and completing tasks; the ability to exercise autonomy and judgement within a given scenario; the ability to use and interpret legal language.
- A thorough understanding of the nature and classification of law in England and Wales.
- A detailed knowledge of how law is made.
- Knowledge and application of understanding of the general legal principles of contract and tort law.
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate the methods of dispute resolution.
- All course material
- Assignment and test marking
- Full tutorial support
- Certificate on completion
- 12 month’s Affiliate membership with NALP
These qualifications are designed to be offered to learners from the age of 16, although in practice the majority of learners are likely to be over 18.
NALP does not specify entry requirements other than that a reasonable standard of written English is required. However Centres delivering this course are required to ensure that learners who undertake these programmes have sufficient capability at the right level to be suitable to undertake the Level 3 assessment.
Please Note: The NALP Level 3 Qualifications are only available in English.
Assignments can be requested when the learner is ready, and once requested and sent, the Learner will have a 4 week period in which to complete the assignment and return by the due date.
Tutors are on hand to answer any queries that the learner may have and give unlimited help and guidance if there is anything that the learner may not fully understand with regard to the material.
This is a single unit qualification