Looking for a career in Television? Training as a paralegal is a fantastic gateway to an exciting career within a wide range of industries.
Paralegal Job at Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon has built a diverse business by putting kids first in everything it does and includes critically acclaimed and much loved television programming and production in the UK and around the world, including SpongeBob SquarePants, The Thundermans, School of Rock, Paw Patrol, Blaze and the Monster Machines and The Loud House.
The Legal department is an integral part of the company, providing advice to all departments in respect of legal issues in departmental developments. The bulk of its work centres on negotiating and drafting a wide range of contracts. As a service department, it operates an open door policy so that staff can have access to legal advice on company matters at all times The legal department will also be involved in negotiations over licensing deals, copyright protection etc. as well as keeping up to date with any new Ofcom or other regulatory proposals.
This role assists the legal teams across the Nickelodeon UK, supporting the lawyers with the teams’ workloads.
- Preparing simple agreements including licences, digital production, marketing and talent deals
- Drafting competition terms and conditions and reviewing on-air and digital marketing communications
- Managing rights requests and the rights and clearances database
- Assisting the team with maintenance of an up to date precedent library, including preparing template agreements
- Researching matters across a wide variety of topics including intellectual property, data protection, digital media, on and off-channel marketing, sponsorship, scheduling and promotions;
- Researching and considering the application of the regulatory codes including the Ofcom Broadcasting Code, the CAP Code and the BCAP Code;
The Ideal Candidate
- LLB (or degree + GDL)
- Experience as a paralegal in television broadcast or entertainment industry
- Familiar with regulatory framework for television broadcast, advertising and consumer competitions
- Experience with rights clearance process
Full job description and how to apply
Please note, NALP are sharing this role with it's members to show exciting opportunities within different industries for paralegals. We are not involved in the hiring process, all questions must be directed to the recruiter.