Great to be featured on the Simply Law Jobs blog! NALP's CEO Amanda Hamilton discusses when you might choose a Paralegal over a solicitor.
When might a consumer use the services of a paralegal?
- If they are being taken to court over an alleged debt
- If they are taking someone to court and need assistance with regard to the process
- If they have been arrested for a minor criminal offence and need representation. Many paralegals are what is known as ‘Police Station Accredited’ and that means that they can be called out to assist at a police station
- If they need assistance in a Matrimonial matter
- If they wish to take action against their employer through a Tribunal
- If they require assistance writing a Will or obtaining a Lasting Power of Attorney in respect of a relative
- If they require assistance in a housing or welfare matter
Read the full article here