This role has now been filled.
The National Paralegal College needs a new member of staff to join the team. Are you who we are looking for, or do you know someone who may be interested?
Part-time Learner Coordinator and Administrator
Are you a people person who enjoys solving problems?
Do you like working with skilled professionals who are passionate about what they do?
Do you want to work in a friendly, supportive environment where your skills and input are recognised?
Would you like a job that fits around your other commitments?
Would you like a role that puts your skills to full use and are appreciated?
If you’ve answered yes to all these, then this may be the perfect role for you.
NPC (National Paralegal College) is the trading name of NALP Training Company Limited, the training arm of NALP (National Association of Licensed Paralegals). NALP is not only a Professional Membership Body for Paralegals but also a qualifications awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual, the Government body that accredits nationally recognised qualifications in England such as GCSEs and A Levels. NPC is a NALP Centre that delivers the NALP Qualifications by distance learning to students all over the world. NPC also offers other non-Ofqual courses which are paralegal specific and carry CPD points.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The National Paralegal College requires a part-time administrator to answer emails and telephone enquiries, process enrolments, email students’ assignments to the Senior Executive Administrator of NALP for marking, and email students their results. You will also be responsible for organising tutorials for students when required. You should be familiar with working in an office, although in this current Covid 19 situation, you will be expected to work remotely for the time being. You will be liaising with our current Senior Executive Administrator to whom you will be directly responsible and whose job includes looking after NALP Members and liaising with Centres, Senior Management and Examiners. Full training will be given in order to familiarise you with our systems and processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Dealing with phone enquiries regarding enrolments
· Answering email enquiries regarding enrolments
· Managing databases
· Emailing students course materials and workbooks
· Answering any queries about course workbooks and materials
· Emailing assignments to students when requested
· Forwarding completed assignments to the NALP Senior Executive Administrator for marking
· Notifying students of their results
· Printing and posting Diplomas and Certificates to students on successful completion of their studies
Part-time permanent: 5 hours per day (25 hours per week) Monday — Friday (times to be agreed)
· Computer literacy especially with Microsoft Word
· Good written and spoken English
· Excellent phone manner
· Friendly and personable attitude and ability to work well as part of the team
· Self-motivated to deliver an excellent service when working from home
· Previous experience as an administrator/office worker/customer relations
· Experience using other software packages such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Previous experience working with databases
Competitive salary commensurate with age and experience and to be discussed after the first interview
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org